Under the Light - Laura Whitcomb I read Laura Whitcomb's [b:A Certain Slant of Light|289601|A Certain Slant of Light (Light, #1)|Laura Whitcomb|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1348331893s/289601.jpg|2596896] just around the time it first came out, when I was a freshman in high school. I read and loved it, and it instantly became one of my favorite books. My original review (if you can call it that) for it is really quite embarrassing, since it's one of the first books I "reviewed" on Goodreads, but I leave it up for laughs. But I truly loved it, and it still remains one of my favorite books almost seven years later.I never expected a companion novel. I was content with the original, but I've always craved more from the author. So you can guess my excitement when I found out there was going to be a second book! I've been patiently waiting for years for this book, and I was not disappointed in the least. I couldn't get enough of it- I pretty much devoured every word.I know a lot of people are complaining about "info-dumping" but really, if you've waited as long as I have for this novel, it doesn't seem like such an info-dump. Since the original is one of my favorites, I remembered it quite clearly without having to re-read it, but I still found that the "info-dumping" wasn't as bad as other books in series I've read.I loved visiting Billy and Jenny again. Whitcomb's imagination with the time spent away from their bodies is just fantastic, her words flow so elegantly that it's like you're right there with them. She writes in such a way that it feels like you're there, living alongside them as another "ghost" like Helen. I often found myself anxious and nervous for Jenny, happy when she stood up for herself and relieved when things went her way. I loved this book. I loved these two novels put side by side, and I think they'll be favorites for years to come.