Shadow Heir (Dark Swan 4) - Richelle Mead 1.5 stars. Holy shit. I have never been more insulted by a book in my entire life. This was such a waste of my time and affections. If I had known that the series would end like this, I would have NEVER started it. This review might be more of a rant: so beware. I will hide anything I think is spoiler-worthy (and when I mean spoiler-worthy, I mean it. Do NOT look unless you've read and/or don't care about being spoiled). I like lists, so here's a list of things I noted about Shadow Heir:1. This series started out as one of my all-time favorites. It was never boring and always enthralling, but reading this book was so studious that I ended up skipping pages and only reading the dialogue by the end. If there's one thing an author should know about their writing, it's that if you can't capture the reader's attention without dialogue: YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!2. That was a pregnancy scene? Seriously? I've never had a child, but come on. She barely goes into detail about the twins' births, making it really hard for me to understand the pain Eugienie went through. I believe Richelle Mead was either going through, or had had her baby during/after this book was written, so she could have gone into more detail about the pains etc.3. The whole scene after they were born was rushed. She seriously left her kids for that long? And it was mentioned that she "thought about and longed" for the twins "often" but we never get to read about it. If I had just given birth and had to leave my babies, I wouldn't be able to bare NOT thinking about them.4. What the fuck was up with all the traveling? I don't even think a quarter of that was needed, seeing as absolutely NOTHING happened. What a bunch of filler bullshit!5. The ending was just one big giant cluster-fuck. Mead pretty much spouts off everything that we've been wondering about in the last couple of chapters- but not even in an elegant way. It was kind of like she had verbal diarrhea and was trying to just get everything out so that the book would be over and done with.6. I do admit, though, what gave it an extra half a star was the fact that I never saw THAT coming. Although Paigel, really? Dorian's children, really? SHE LEAVES HER FUCKING CHILDREN BEHIND, REALLY?! How fucking lame.This was such a disappointment that I don't even want to think about this series ever again. There's probably more I could rant about, but right now I'm emotionally exhausted from having my heart burst into a million pieces from anger. I might come back and add more- I might not. Seriously, I don't want to think about this damned series anymore.