The Book of Blood and Shadow - Robin Wasserman *This ARC was kindly provided to me from Knopf Books for Young Readers through Netgalley.com*I couldn't finish this book. Not because it was badly written, quite the contrary, actually. The Book of Blood and Shadow is a very well written, very well thought out book, but it just didn't capture my attention like it was intended to do. There were too many inconsistencies for me to not overlook, and it became problematic for me in the end. Here's a list of the problems I had while reading:-The writing was excellent, but rushed. I feel like the author had so many ideas flowing through her mind that the only way to get them down would be to write everything that came to mind; regardless if it helped the plot-line any. I felt like I was watching a movie on fast-forward.-I felt no emotional attachment to the characters. Their relationships all felt rushed and I couldn't feel myself feeling anything for any of them. I especially didn't connect with Nora, the main character. She felt so emotionally unattached that it was hard for me to like her.-I understand that this was a mystery story, but it took so long for anything to happen that I felt myself not even really caring about what would end up happening. The main part of the story line doesn't even happen until about 150 pages in.I really wish I had liked The Book of Blood and Shadow more, but these facts held me back from finishing it. I believe a lot of people will enjoy reading this book, but if you agree with anything I pointed out, you may not. I would recommend it, though, to people looking for a well-written mystery story!