Angelfall  - Susan Ee

Angelfall was the complete opposite of what I thought it would be. When I think of angels, I think of ethereal beings with fluffy white wings dressed in flowing togas and golden halos. In Angelfall, the angels were indeed beautiful- but also extremely deadly. They were portrayed in such a different light than I've ever seen before. The angels are pretty much the bad guys... and I love that!I was also expecting a lot of biblical references and quotes. Wrong again. Ms. Ee definitely did her research, but there was barely any "religious" moments(which I really liked, seeing as I am an Atheist). Some of the angels didn't even know if there IS a God. Talk about irony!The world building in this book was amazing. I could picture Penryn running around this dilapidated San Francisco as though I was watching a movie. And I've never even been to San Fran!And the characters! I was emotionally attached to every character right off the bat. Oh, I just loved them all. From Penryn's schizophrenic mother, to her handicapped little sister, to the angel Raffe. Penryn and Raffe made such a BADASS team, it was hard to let them go at the end of the book.I pretty much ate this book up and I can NOT wait for the next installment. I recommend this book any chance I get. There's so much I loved about Angelfall, but I'm not great at explaining just how much I really love something, so just go read it- you won't regret it!*Edited on 2/24/12 for some revising and such*