The Demon Lover - Juliet Dark, Carol Goodman This galley was kindly provided to me from Random House Publishing Group through NetGalley.What initially drew me in to The Demon Lover was it's gorgeous cover. I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover... but I have a bad habit of doing this. I briefly skimmed the summary, found it was to my interest, and requested it on NetGalley.I was pleasantly surprised by The Demon Lover's story. As I mentioned, I had really only skimmed the summary of the book, so a lot of the book's content was different from what I had expected (in a good way). When I read this, I was looking for a book with a boat-load of supernatural beings. Don't ask me why. Anyways, The Demon Lover has a hodge-podge of supernatural beings that fit surprisingly well into the story.I loved the characters and setting of the story. The overall feel of the novel made me feel like I was walking through Fairwick alongside Callie. It was, not to be cliche (but I will be anyways)- a deliciously creepy read. The mystery of the story was well thought out and the writing helped it flow just as well.But- it did have it's flaws. Although the writing was (undoubtedly) beautiful, I felt some aspects of the story seemed to go slowly. It took me a while to read this, for multiple reasons- the length, the pace, and then everyday necessities. I also felt like the character development could have been a little bit better. I didn't really feel like I knew Callie too well, or any of the other characters. I would love to see how they progress. The ending was also a little lackluster, a little anticlimactic.Despite these minor faults, I will be reading the next installment and am excited to see what will happen next in Fairwick! :)