Blood Bound (Unbound Novel) - Rachel Vincent

2.5 stars. At first I didn't know how I felt about this book. Now that I've had time to mull it over, I can say with certainty that I didn't like it. It wasn't a letdown, but it was definitely disappointing. It started out amazing, the concept new and original (imo). But by the middle of the book, I felt like it was just being dragged out. I found myself longing for it to be over, and by the last 50 pages, I pretty much just skimmed it until it was over.Things I liked:1. The "magic" system. It was so interesting, with all of the different Skills to learn about. I personally have never read anything like that, so it was really cool to learn about the different aspects of each Skill.2. I liked Kori better than Olivia. I think she should've been the protagonist.3. The story was interesting enough that it caught my attention to finish it, and [possibly] read the next book.Things that bothered me to no end:1. Olivia. She was an annoying protagonist. She was stubborn, bitchy, and naive. I just found her overall un-likeable. Actually, I hated her.2. Cameron. He was so whipped, it was pathetic. I didn't find him even remotely interesting.3. Cam and Liv's "relationship." I found it SO hard to believe that after 6 years, and Liv being so stubborn, she just decides to get back with Cam. After one day together. Also, I didn't feel like there was enough back-story on their relationship. It was obvious they love each other, but all I got from them is the night they broke up. Boo-freakin-hoo. I just didn't like them together.4. The timing. Seriously, this happened over TWO DAYS? I find that hard to believe. So much happened, I feel like it should have been at least a week. In reality, there is no way all of that would have went down in two days.5. The world-building. There was none! All I know is that there's the Syndicates. One in the east, one in the west, and a neutral zone in the south.